Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Don't reject Jesus this time !

The learned scholars, who kept track of Jesus's movements in those days, were legalistic in their approach towards God. They were driven to keep the law perfectly. Every time they boasted about it, our Jesus who knew everything about them, would show them their faults and their incapability to keep the law perfectly. They had to acknowledge that they were imperfect and were sinners in need of a Savior, Jesus. Sad to say they would somehow not acknowledge this fact.

They could not stand ' this new teaching ' that our Master was revealing to them which seemed to interfere with their tradition and usual practices.Not only that, Jesus was also seen mixing around with a group of people who were sidelined in society those days. He was seen in the market place with tax collectors and others who were known to be living in sin. He actually came to seek and save the lost.

The temple chiefs rejected Jesus out-rightly and made every effort to put Him to death and succeeded in doing so.

Today that same rejection of Jesus is evident in many. There are people who find it impossible to believe that Jesus is God, and that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. They would rather stick to the traditions of their religious establishments, traditions of their fathers & fore-fathers rather than receive Jesus as Lord of their lives.

Friends, how is it with you ? Don't reject Jesus because of family tradition or religious obligations.There was only one man who ever lived who was fit enough or qualified enough to take the death penalty on your behalf. Jesus who once lived on this earth  was the one, and only one who was without sin. The price for the sins of the whole world had to be an unblemished sacrifice. Someone with no sin and it was only Jesus who could do that and so became that sacrifice for us all .. Hindus, Buddists, Moslems, the Free Thinkers, Jews etc.  If He did not do this, there would be doom looming over all of us - no chance at all for humanity to enter eternity with their Father.

Won't you receive Him tonight. He is just waiting to fellowship with you.He is waiting for your lips to utter those inviting word  from the deepest recesses of your heart .... Say this simple prayer with me, Jesus, I acknowledge that I am a sinner and  invite You now into my life. Hold my hands and walk with me through life and instruct me the way I should go. I thank you for sacrificing Your life for me and I believe you died for me and you are alive today. Because I have received you into my heart, I am now a new creation from this day onwards. Once again I thank you Lord Jesus. Amen. ( Amen means let it be )

 Welcome to the family. Keep in touch with me for advice as to how to choose the right Church. Ok ?

JS 5

No comments:

Post a Comment