Total Pageviews

Monday, August 29, 2011

...Its about who we really are ?


John Newton, who wrote 'Amazing grace how sweet the sound', has another hymn in which he says,

"What think you of Christ? is the test,
To try both your state and your scheme;
You cannot be right in the rest,
Unless you think rightly of him."
If asked what of Jesus I think,
Though still my best thoughts are but poor,
I say, He's my meat and my drink,
My life, and my strength, and my store."

Take Jesus away and you take all away, said John Newton, my meat, my drink, my life, my strength, my store, all are gone, but with Christ I have everything; without him I have nothing. On one occasion William Gadsby announced this text, "It pleased the Father that in Him should all fulness dwell." He paused, looked at the congregation and he said, "Then everything else is emptiness." Everything apart from Christ lacks that eternal weight of glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment