Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Finding Rest in His Love

The Apostle John, who was referred to as the Apostle that Jesus loved, knew and relaxed in one profound truth that the others then  might not have experienced . He was overwhelmed or as we might say today 'blown-away' by the fact that Jesus was God and that God loved him despite all his short comings. A Grace revelation imparted to him before our Lord's death & resurrection.

The Apostle Peter on the other-hand was often heard confessing how he loved Jesus and when the hour of test came, stayed away from Jesus just like how we might have reacted also. But praise God, he became a  true disciple and an extraordinary leader after the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, a little while later.

Jesus loves me (John's understanding) vs  I love Jesus (as Peter thought of his loving nature)

I personally take rest and find much strength and comfort in knowing that Jesus loves me and understands me like no one-else can.

I pray and know I would be more and more like Him with each passing day cause I have a fine Helper with me who will never leave me nor forsake me and be with me to the ends of the ages.

Behold what manner of love the Father has given unto us .... that we should be called the sons of God !   This song is playing in my ear just now.

JS 1

No comments:

Post a Comment